These publications relate to my role as Digital Humanities Manager (and previously, Research Technologist for Humanities & Social Sciences) at NUI Galway:
- Stansbury, M., Kelly, D (2018), “The Future of Collaboration“, at Digital Cultures, Big Data and Society Symposium, 15-16 February 2018, Royal Irish Academy & UCD Humanities Institute
- Kelly, D., Tonra, J., Reid, L. (2017), “Personæ: A Character-Visualisation Tool for Dramatic Texts“, in Digital Humanities 2017 Conference, 8 – 11 August, Montreál, Canada. View Presentation Slides and Abstract.
- Coolahan, M.-L., Kelly, D. (2017), “Digital Representation and Analysis of Reception, Circulation and Intertextual Relationships: Impact and Early Modern Women’s Writing“, as part of panel: “Only Connect!: Intertextuality, Circulation, and Networks in Digital Resources for Women’s Writing”, in Digital Humanities 2017 Conference, 8 – 11 August, Montreál, Canada. View Panel Abstract.
- Kelly, D., Tonra, J., Reid, L. (2017), “Patterns of character & structure in Shakespeare: Exploring approaches to data visualisation“, Other Codes/Cóid Eile Conference, 11-12 May, Galway, Ireland. View Presentation Slides
- Barr, R., Kelly, D., Tonra, J. (2014), “Ossian Online: Crowdsourcing Annotation and the Social Edition“, Poster Presentation, Experimental Interfaces for Reading 2.0, 18-20 Sept, Chicago, USA.
These publications relate to earlier research on IT Standards adoption for Ambient Intelligence, and Open Source Software.
- Kelly, D., Feller, J., Finnegan, P. (2006) “Complex Network-Based Information Systems (CNIS) Standards: Towards an Adoption Model“, in International Federation of Information Processing (IFIP WG8.6), Volume 206, The Transfer and Diffusion of Information Technology for Organizational Resilience, eds. Donnellan, B., Larsen, T., Levine, L., DeGross, J., Boston: Springer, pp. 3-20.
- Kelly, D., Feller, J., Finnegan, P. (2006) “Open vs. Closed Standards for Ambient Intelligence: An Exploratory Study of Adoption“, in the Proceedings of the 14th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2006), June 12th – 14th, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Feller, J., Finnegan, P., Kelly, D., MacNamara, M. (2006) “Developing Open Source Software: A Community Based Analysis of Research“, in International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP WG 8.2), Volume 208, Social Inclusion: Societal and Organizational Implications for Information Systems, eds. Trauth, E., Howcroft, D., Butler, T., Fitzgerald, B., DeGross, J., Boston: Springer, pp. 261-278.
- Feller, J., Finnegan, P., Kelly, D., MacNamara, M. (2005) “Initial Characterisation and Roadmap of Libre Software Development”, Deliverable 1.1, European Commission Report for IST Project Number 04337, CALIBRE (Co-ordination Action for Libre Software Engineering for Open Development Platforms for Software and Services).
Exhibition & Performance
- EverVerse live performance, at Embodied Encounters: Poetry in motion, Cúirt International Festival of Literature, 25th April, 2018, Nun’s Island Theatre, Galway, Ireland. EverVerse is a collaborative project which uses biometric data to automatically generate poetry which responds to the poet’s varying physical and emotional states. The performance was given by the EverVerse project leader, Justin Tonra. Video to follow.
- Exhibition of the EverVerse project, at the Transient Topographies: Space and Interface in Digital Literature and Art Conference, 20 – 21 April, 2018, Galway, Ireland.
Recent Workshops & Training Delivered
- Creating Interactive Data Visualisations, lab sessions (12 x 2 hour sessions) as part of the MSc in Data Analytics programme’s Data Visualisation module, Semester 2, 2017 – 2018, NUI Galway.
- Web-based maps for research data visualisation – Digital Scholars Workshop Series, NUI Galway, March, 2018
- Kelly, D., Tonra, J., Reid, L., “Patterns of character & structure in Shakespeare: Exploring approaches to data visualisation”, Centre for Antique, Medieval and Pre-Modern Studies, Research Labs (CAMPS) Research Labs, Moore Institute, NUI Galway, 16th March, 2018.
- Interactive Data Visualisation for Early Career Researchers, NARTI, Newcastle Business School, Northumbria University, January, 2018
- Web Analytics – An Introduction, All Aboard, 2017 – Digital Skills Week, Moore Institute, NUI Galway, March, 2017
Recent guest lectures, presentations & invited talks
- Data Visualisation – Research Project Experiences & Tools, Guest Lecture, Executive MBA at the J.E. Cairnes School of Business & Economics (Data Analytics module), NUI Galway, March 2018
- Introduction to Data Visualisation, guest lecture, 3rd Year, BBS (Business Information Systems), GMIT, March, 2018
- Interactive Data Visualisation for Digital Health – guest lecture for MSc Digital Health (Executive Education), Cork University Business School, UCC, February 2018
- Interactive Data Visualisation, guest lecture on the MSc Environmental Health (Scientific Communication module), Geography / Ryan Institute, NUI Galway, February, 2018
- Data Visualisation & Management – Experiences & Lessons, Invited Presentation, BuSK research project partners, May, 2017, NUI Galway, Ireland.
Invited Workshop Participation
- Enabling Digital Scholarship: present and future workshop, December, 2017 at Wolfson College, Oxford, co-hosted by the Centre for Digital Scholarship at Oxford University, and the Wolfson Digital Research Cluster. (Invited participant)