One of the downsides of working on your own, and leaving for a week is the mountain of email and RSS items awaiting your return. It took a couple of hours to get the inbox back to its healthy state. Less easy was the state of my Google Reader. Even being brutal with the “Mark All as Read” button, there was still lots of good stuff to read.
Here are some of the highlights that jumped out from my first attempt at clearing the reader:
- I’ve been a supporter of the Tuesday Push on the blog, and I missed one for downloadMusic.ie. You can see some of the coverage they got on their blog, and the original idea on Damien’s post. There’s also a good review of their service by Gordon.
- There’s a good post on Getting the best from Technical & Customer Support over on the Blacknight blog.
- Congratulations are due to those short-listed for the Best New Web Application / Service in the Irish Web Awards.
- Vitamin have an interesting article on the Future of Web Apps in an Integrated World.
- Damien Mulley posted about Innovation Vouchers available through Enterprise Ireland.
- There’s an extremely useful post on Payment Systems for Irish Web Apps on Robin’s blog. I spent a few days looking into this before I went away, and it was on my things to do list for next week. The comments give the voice of experience from a number of people that have been through the process.
- Finally, the Irish blogger Twenty Major is retiring.
There are still 1000+ posts to go, but I reckon it’ll be dealt with over the weekend….